Just Cubes Original and Multigrain Stuffing Cubes
For the holiday season, stock up on our Stuffing Cubes in either Original or Multigrain. We have cut up and baked our bread to create the perfect base for your holiday stuffing to make your holidays a little bit less stressful and a little bit more delicious. Check out our recipes below using Just Cubes Stuffing if you are looking for some inspiration!
Country Sausage & Sage Stuffing (serves 10 to 12)
(For a vegetarian version, substitute a vegetarian sausage such as Morning Star Sausage Links for the pork sausage and use vegetable stock instead of chicken or beef stock)
Adapted from The Kitchen of Jehan de Noüe former Chef/Owner of Chez Noüe, Ridgefield, now Chef at Albano Appliance, Pound Ridge
- 2 packages of Just Cubes Stuffing (Original or Multigrain)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb country sausage
- 1 large onion cut in 1" dice (2 cups)
- 5 stalks celery, peeled, split lengthwise, cut 1" dice
- 2 medium apples, cored, peeled & cut in 1" dice
- 15 sprigs of parsley leaves picked & very coarsely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 6 to 8 branches fresh sage, leaves picked & coarsely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves picked & chopped
- 1 spring of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add sausage meat and brown, breaking up meat into quarter size pieces. Transfer meat to large bowl and reserve.
- Add onion and celery to skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add apples and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with reserved sausage. Add bread cubes, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and stock with salt and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture and gently toss all the ingredients. They should combine without becoming mushy.
- Generously butter a 16" baking pan. Spread the stuffing mixture in pan and dot with more butter.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. The top should have a nice golden brown crust.
Apple Walnut and Cranberry Stuffing (Vegetarian) (serves 10)
Created by Chef William Keiser
- 2 bags of Just Cubes Stuffing (Original or Multigrain)
- 6 oz apricots
- 4 oz walnuts, chopped
- 1 lb cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsps grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 apple cider
- 1/2 melted butter
- Preheat over to 350F. Grease large casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, cranberry sauce, apples, raisins, lemon zest, and orange zest. Season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, cider, and butter. Toss the egg mixture iwth the bread mixture until evenly moist.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated over, or until lightly browned.